Friday, February 20, 2009

Blog-tastic by Corbu Stathes w/Lil Wayne

Is Lil Wayne the mafia of the music world?
I was listening to my XM Radio the other day and five straight songs came on that were either by Lil Wayne or had Lil Wayne in them. The dude is in everything! I think a studio experience might go a little something like this these days.
Producer: Alright, that's a wrap!
Blonde McLegs: Like, what? I thought we were doing pop music, like, and so on, the Iraq.
P: Uh...I think you misunderstood me. That's a wrap. W-R-A-P. Not R-A-P.
BMcL: OMG, how stupid am I? Hahaha.
P: (mumbles) Pretty stupid. Anyways, we got the single and we'll get it all mixed and out....
(Suddenly the door is kicked open! Producer struggles to figure out who the shadowed figure is standing in the doorway. All he can see is a lot of space between the top of the figure's head and the top of the door, and some braids.)
P: Lil...Lil Wayne? Is...is that you?
LW: What the hell are you doing, Producer?
P: Just wrapping up...
BMcL: Wait, what? I thought you said it wasn't rap?
P: Shut up, Blonde McLegs! Sorry Mr. Lil Wayne. We were just getting ready to mix her single, that's all.
LW: And?
P: And...?
LW: And?
P: And...we were going to call you to come lay down some rhymes for us, Mr. Lil Wayne. See? See, I was just about to call you on my phone! (mumbling as he looks around) Where the hell is my phone?
LW: Man, how many times I got to tell you? Nothing gets released in this town without me! Or do you need to be reminded?
P: Oh..Oh, no s-sir. I still got your last reminder right here. (He points to his hand, where written in pen is "Lil Wayne has to be on everything".)
LW: That's what I thought. Now start recording while I bust this out. What's the song about?
P: It's about growing up in Canada.
LW: I can relate to that. I know a guy with a condo, somewhere up in Toronto. Alright, here we go. Play the instrumentals.
(taps his feet and nods his head as he picks up the beat)
LW: Lil Wayne...hehehe...with a candy cane...hehehe...
chillin' on the frozen plains...going to hockey games.
But I got a shorty to keep me warm,
when I head up north of the bor-
der, it's a new world order...hehehe...
with lots of beer and frozen warter.
Catch me in a pair of skates,
lacing up with Blonde McLegs,
and Labatts Blue from the kegs...hehehe...
they put the emphasis on a different consonant,
but we all on the some continent.
I was like, what's this all aboot, eh?
So I came up from the states,
now see, shorty want me to stay,
Sorry Canuck, I'm Lil Wayne...hehehe
Alright! Cut the music. Play it between the second and third stanza and again at the end. Now we got a single.
P: Y-yes, Mr. Lil Wayne. Th-thank you for coming.
LW: Your welcome for the guaranteed hit. I'll be by later for my cash.
LW and Producer do a handshake and the one-armed hug thing.
And that's how Lil Wayne is on every single song right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment